- Our president Hayle, started off the meeting with an activity to see were we, as quilters, were on the modern-traditional spectrum.
- The fundraising position is still available if there is a member who would like to join this year’s board.
- The guild till no longer be tracking who brings snacks to the meetings. Snacks are still more than welcome!!!
- The teacher who had a class on the same evening as our guild meeting has switched dates so that we can continue with our 4th Wednesday of the month meeting date!
- Reminder to renew your membership!!!! Talk to Teri to pay for 2018’s membership before the February 28th meeting. You can find the renewal form here.
- Kirsty, the events coordinator, announced some of the VERY exciting things she has for us this upcoming year such as:
- Retreat in Pine Valley Utah from June 8-10. Fee is $80 and slots are limited. You can pay by cash, check or PayPal.
- Galentine’s Day sew-in at Christmas Goose on February 3rd from 6pm-Midnight. Fee is $15 and dinner is provided.
- Kirsty also talked about what teachers she plans on bringing in during the year and requested for teacher ideas for 2019 so that she can book them!
- Cathy, who is in charge of organizing charities, wanted to thank everyone who helped out with the Sew-In on Jan 13th to knock out a large batch of Quilts For Vegas.
- She challenged members to take home Quilts For Vegas kits and finish them on our domestic machines. At the Feb 28th guild meeting, members will receive a raffle ticket for every finished quilt they bring back.
- Chelsa has some ADORABLE swaps and challenges for us this month!!!
- The swap is a boxy tote with a pattern by Kelby Sews. Here is the link to the tutorial.
- The block for the lottery is this cute Double Plus block by wombatquilts.com. Chelsa is requesting bright rainbow colors for the + and a white solid for the background. Click herefor the link.
- Chelsa’s challenge is for us to make PJ bottoms for the Galentine’s Day party on February 3rd! This pattern is quick, easy, and free! Pick your favorite fabric and wear it!!!!
- Bobbie handed out a survey for us to fill out so that she can help us learn awesome new stuff over the 2018 year. She also would like the members to offer up their time to teach things that they have extensive knowledge on.