- Our president started off the meeting with a recap of the Christy Fincher “paperless paper piecing” class.
- The next local quilt show is the Las Vegas Quilter’s Show Oct 17th-20th. There will be over 60 classes going on that week!!!
- The class that was scheduled for the end of September has been canceled.
- There is a DQN class with teacher Shannon Brinkley in May. Her trunk show is May 17th. There are two different classes, one on the 18th and the other is on the 19th. The class fee is $55 for non-members. Visit the DQN website for more details or to sign up!
- The QuiltCon charity quilt theme and colors have been announced. The guild is challenging it’s members to come up with a draft of their interpretation and bring it to the next meeting. You can find the information here
Quilts for Vegas Update:
- If you know of someone who was at the One October/Route 91 shooting, please let Hayle know.
- We are still waiting to hear back from the Resiliency Center to have a drop off date for the completed quilts.
- Registration for the retreat in June is closed and all spots have been filled!!!
- Please check your e-mails for information on your secret sister and be sure to post a mosaic to help inspire your sister!
- Kirsty also sent some tutorials for added inspiration in the e-mail
- The guild had 8 guests at this months meeting!
- We had a raffle drawing for all of the amazing members that brought in their NICU quilts!!!
- We went over the pillow and pencil cases for the charity project for The Assistance League.
- The Sew-In for May 12th was cancelled due to it being Mother’s Day weekend.
Pattern for pillowcase:
Pattern for pencil case:
- This months lotto block is a strawberry but Skyberries Handmade. Tutorial link here. Chelsa is asking to add a 2.5″ border so that the winner can trim them as needed and to read the instructions VERY carefully.
- The background should be a solid white
- The berries should be red or pink with green stems.
- The Quilts Word Swap will be exchanged at May’s guild meeting.
- There will be a Pineapple themed Sew-In PJ party at Christmas Goose on June 23rd from 6pm-midnight. There is a $15 fee and food will be served!
- A survey was handed out to guild members asking if they have any teaching experience and what classes for the guild they would be interested in teaching.
- The guild also learned some awesome things and tips about their walking foot!