|Hayle opened the meeting with lots of announcements for exciting opportunities for our members:
– Tickets are on sale now for our Holiday Social on December 19th at 6pm. Tickets are $10 each an include dinner, games, fun and a great time with your fellow guild members! Email email@example.com to get signed up or buy your ticket at the November meeting.
– We will be having a sew-in on December 8th from 10:30am-5:30pm at The Christmas Goose. The cost is $15 and includes lunch. Come finish your holiday projects with your quilt-y friends!
– 2019 LVMQG Membership Renewals have started. Renew now through the end of December for $40. On and after January 1, dues will increase to $45.
– There will be a Quilters Showcase at the Holiday Gift & Craft Fair in the Orleans Arena, November 2nd -4th from 10am-3pm. DQN members will be preparing a mini quilt show as well as hosting an open sewing area where they will be working on charity projects and promoting the April Quilt Show. See a DQN Member for more information.
– A member of DQN has arranged for bus transportation to Road to California, More information can be found below.
Vicki Rubel presented the slate of officers for the 2019 LVMQG Board. Since all positions are running un-opposed we will vote at the November meeting to approve the slate as presented.
The slate for the 2019 LVMQG Board is as follows:
President – Hayle McClellan
Membership – Teri Grundstedt
Charity – Bambi Bryant
Fundraising – Cathy Eisenzimer
Social Media – Paige McMahon
Secretary – Heidi Aker
Events – Megan Ruth Stay
Treasurer – Maria Gambina-Hedrick
Education – Chelsa Knight-Barton
Swaps/Challenges – Caroline Rohrer